Friday, August 26, 2011

Pinwheel Quilt

Yay it's finished!!! This quilt has been a work in progress for a few months. I broke all the rules of quilting. I made it up as I went along. Bought fabric and had to buy more, not once but twice. Experimented along the way, learnt a lesson or two, maybe even three. It's taken awhile but it's all done and I am really pleased with the end results.

Last night as I was stitching the binding, Kayla told me that Kloe wouldn't mind at all, if she had it. I really didn't think it was her 'thing' but she has fallen in love with it and really wants it. I don't think Kloe will be giving it up to her big sister, anytime soon. I think I will be making another one, very soon.

Trying to take a photo was not easy. The breaze wasn't helping

I gave up on this idea

I tried under the verandah and had to deal with another issue - The Dog!!! He rather liked the look of it too

5 comments:

Rachael said...

love the colours you chose. Now I always make them up as I go - so no 'rules' broken LOL. I want to know how you quilted it.... close ups required please :)

Gail said...

LOVE this one Melleny, the colours are fabulous :)

Kerryn said...

It looks amazing Mel!!! I had to have a giggle about the dog though, I have similar problems with my 4 legged friend when I'm photographing layouts.

Angela said...

It's beautiful Mel! No wonder Kayla wants one too LOL!

Monique said...

That quilt is beautiful Mel - love the dog shot, something our dogs would do to....